Learning Activities March 16th to 20th
Students should read the page and answer the follow-up questions in their science notebooks (or any notebook they have at home).
When I am not teaching, I enjoy playing board games with my family, reading books and painting my nails. Some of my favorite books include: The Hate U Give, Six of Crows, and the Ranger’s Apprentice Series.
Science 8 engages students in the three dimensions (science practices, disciplinary core ideas, and crosscutting concepts) of learning as identified by the Nebraska College and Career Ready Standards for Science. The topics include forces and interactions, waves and electromagnetic radiation, energy, heredity: inheritance and variation of traits, biological evolution, space systems, and history of Earth. This course provides the foundations for other science coursework.
Major Units of Study
Unit 1: Evolution: Change Over Time
Unit 2: Space Systems
Unit 3: Waves and Electromagnetic Radiation
Unit 4: Energy, Forces, & Interactions
1. Attend Classes and Be On Time Everyday.
2. Bring ALL of Your Materials to Class Everyday.
3. Be Consistently Working and Participating With A Positive Attitude.
4. Complete All Your Work ON TIME.
5. Use Positive Words and Body Language When Communicating.
6. DO YOUR BEST ALL THE TIME!